This season honestly doesn’t look that great. But there’s a few multi-season shows which I am continuing to watch, and a couple of new things on my radar. Here goes:
- Usagi Drop — A rare thing; this show is actually, legitimately cute without being stereotypically moe.
- Steins;Gate — Continuing. It has me quite hooked.
- Hanasaku Iroha — Continuing into its second half, but I’ve been slowly falling behind. It’s OK tho: I caught up now, and we’re cool again.
- Mawaru Penguindrum — The director of Utena returns. I’m not sure what this is, but it’s awesome.
As Time Permits
Wait and See
I waited, and I saw. (Or didn’t see, as the case may be.)
- R-15. Honestly, who comes up with this stuff?
- No. 6
- Ikoku Meiro no Croisée — Mostly because it has Yuuki Aoi (Victorica from GOSICK, Madoka). As a side character. The translation convention in this show is horrible.
As always, a more well-rounded opinion and a more complete overview can be found at Anime News Network’s Summer 2011 Anime Preview Guide and in the Summer 2011 Anime Chart.
Hmm. Some interesting stuff this season, mixed in with some less interesting stuff. I’m bored, so I simplified the list even more!
As always, this list will change once I actually start watching stuff… (There’s far too many things on the “Awesome” and “Yes” lists right now.)
Don’t forget to also check out AnimeNewsNetwork’s Anime Preview Guide, or the Spring 2011 Anime Chart.
- Abnormal Physiology Seminar – Interesting premise, but there’s lots I’d prefer to watch instead.
- Danball Senki – Based off a near-future plastic model building role playing game for children. Really.
- Showa Story – Probably pretty good, but I am not anywhere near the target audience…
- Dog Days
- Lotte no Omocha.
- Sket Dance
- Tiger & Bunny
- A bunch of other stuff.
Instead of making up arbitrary numbers about how awesome (or not) each show is, I have simplified the rating system based on a simple measure: How likely am I to watch a new episode of a show when it comes out? Here’s the ranking.
Updates whenever I feel like it. Check back later, collect them all!
I will not miss a single episode of one of these shows. I’ll be
polling the internet waiting for new episodes to come out…
These shows have shown themselves to be pretty good, so I’ll watch them if I notice a new episode’s come out and I have some time to spend on it.
I like these shows, but not enough that I’ll force myself to keep up with them. There’s a chance I might not ever finish them, or that I’ll finish them after the season’s over.
These shows are barely amusing enough that if I’m bored I might go check to see how many episodes I missed.
These shows don’t interest me at all, and I’ll probably never watch them unless someone somehow convinces me to.
These series I either haven’t seen or haven’t heard enough about to place on my ranking list. Give them a couple episodes and some word-of-mouth, and they might show up somewhere. Or not.